Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Winding roads, burnt mouths.

To sum up my days of summer:
animal

Ha. A pathetic attempt at humor.
_________________________

Anyways, some noteworthy things that I've eaten lately:

Banana and dulce de leche crepe, with a layer of caramelized sugar much like that on Crème brûlée. Eaten at Lala's Argentine Grill on Melrose, with a nice little candle to celebrate Curstina's birthday.
Lala's Argentine Grill

I've found my new favorite restaurant in terms of delicate textures and complex flavor profiles (you know, those places where "civilized" people eat). Barbecue doesn't count.

animal is randomly tucked away on Fairfax over by Canter's, with a black, unmarked storefront. It's quite easy to miss. Menu changes daily, and local ingredients are used extensively. I ate the "melted petit basque, chorizo, garlic bread." I don't want to bore you with details this time around, but I can safely say that I was pleasantly impressed.
animal

For dessert - "bacon chocolate crunch bar, s&p anglaise." The bacon was surprisingly subtle, adding but a hint of salty bacon flavor that balanced out well with the sweetness of the chocolate. If anything, it added the same crunch of the crisp rice in a Krackel or Crunch bar. My two vices, stuck together. There's a good chance I died somewhere during that dessert.
animal
_____________________

In other news, Jordan and I headed up to Mulholland Drive to take nighttime shots.

No commentary required.

Streetlights.

Streetlights.

Later, friends. Tonight's gonna be a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment