Pages

Thursday, November 27, 2008

formerly known as Thanksgiving.

I enjoy calling today Turkey Day, not because I want to distance myself from the original meaning of the day, but because I like names with animals in them. Simple as that.

Well the Tuesday before school got out was filled with food, as any good day should be. One item in particular was the kick ass giant cookie pizza that Mrs. Hirayama brought to ASB :]]
IMG_0780

Moving on...tried to entertain myself before Thanksgiving, but everything's FREAKING CLOSED. So Scott, Jason, and I headed down to Redondo. I just love the skies after a rainy day. Billowy, moody clouds everywhere. A cloud-lover's heaven.

Sunburst
IMG_0819

Floating free
IMG_0826

Sailing the seas. Freaking dust is INSIDE my lens housing. I hate it.
IMG_0869

Three awesome churros for $5? I'm down.
IMG_0823

There was an inordinate number of pelicans. Not sure why...

Feeding the birds
birdman

Sir, there is a pelican above your head.
IMG_0870

Some other cool stuff happened in between, but let's hurry up and get to the feast, shall we?

Mi madre's corn muffins
Thanksgiving :D

Madre's candied yams
Thanksgiving :D

Mozarella with tomato, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar :D
Thanksgiving :D

Pecan pie...
Thanksgiving :D

Madre's creamed corn. amazing.
Thanksgiving :D

My awesome bacon-cheese mashed potaters.
Thanksgiving :D

mmm ham
Thanksgiving :D

Pumpkin pie...
Thanksgiving :D

Some red wine
Thanksgiving :D

Baby spinach salad with raspberries and sliced almonds
Thanksgiving :D

Cranberry sauce...ech
Thanksgiving :D

oh dang. gravy, baby.
Thanksgiving :D

and of course, the bird.
Thanksgiving :D

So I piled my plate up nice and high
Thanksgiving :D

but to my surprise, after this thing was cleared, the moms busted out some filet mignon. Oh heck yeah.
Thanksgiving :D

and the requisite dessert platter with pie, pumpkin cheesecake, and Ghirardelli double chocolate chip cookies. Oh yeah.
Thanksgiving :D

I am fat, happy, and about to pass out from a food coma. I'm not even sure how I managed to drive myself home. Goodnight everybody. Now, on to Black Friday >_<

4 comments: