Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer fun.

Summer has started. Viva la Upper thigh tanning! :D Except, I did it too much and now I have upper thigh burns. Figures, right?

So Jordan has had a recent interest in long exposure shots, namely, nighttime long exposure shots. So we ventured out to Redondo sometime around 1 and set up our tripods. There was a surprisingly large number of people at Redondo in the dead hours of Tuesday morning. Hmm.

Ugly shops along the pier.
Pier

Pretty boats.
Look at the butt.

I'm not quite here, myself...
I'm not quite here, myself.

I didn't feel all that inspired taking those pictures. Damn.
__________________

The rest of my week involved the following:
-Sleepovers in parks and 2 for 99 cent Jack-in-the-Box tacos. Anything is delicious at that hour of the night.

-Grad night. Hilarity ensued.

-Got hit in the head by a golf ball. ER trip. Three staples. Mom freaked out at all the blood. Ha.

-Lord of the Rings Extended Edition marathon with ASB kids and Nathan. Twelve hours of LoTR, terrific brownies, The Habit, Cider, and toasts to Legolas. Oh jeez.
______________________

-Whitewater Rafting! I don't have pictures from the actual rafting yet, but enjoy these until then.

A four hour drive slowly grew to a drive of over six hours thanks to the 405. The girls sat in the back, listening to their ipods. Jordan drove. I slept in awkward positions.
car ride
Jordan took the picture of me sleeping. While driving. That can't be safe.

Both Jordan and I have a thing for rays poking out from inside clouds. I had my camera handy, so I popped out of the sunroof going 70 on the freeway and snapped a few shots.
heavenly.
The clouds were quite heavenly.

And once we got to camp, we made a campfire, told awkward stories, and took more long exposure shots. This one reminded me of those Hubble Telescope pictures of nebulas and whatnot, but clearly not as cool.
Nebula..?

About the actual rafting portion...I can't even begin to describe how awesome it was. Great food, amazing company, lots of awkward turtle moments, and smashing against rocks. Ha. The stories sound better when told in person.

Now, on to the rest of summer.

4 comments:

  1. Nathan?!?! O_O

    good to know he got out and did stuff with ppl other than me... that's a start at least... did he make silly comments or quote the movie too much?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan?!?! O_O

    good to know he got out and did stuff with ppl other than me... that's a start at least... did he make silly comments or quote the movie too much?

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha we were all quoting the movie and discussing the history of random locations and people. Definitely nerded out XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha we were all quoting the movie and discussing the history of random locations and people. Definitely nerded out XD

    ReplyDelete