Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Finally done with APs, pretty much the last hurdle of Senior Year. Now, I can spend the rest of my weeks in a complete daze. Lovely.

Oh, but before I forget, a friend mentioned that I never took a picture of In-and-Out. So here ya go, to show off to all your Boston buddies.
Double Double Animal Style

Went out to Santa Monica to pick up a tux for prom. Fail. But I did get to go to Anisette Brasserie again! Ah, definitely one of my favorite restaurants. The tarnished mirrors, dim lighting, wrought-iron spiral staircase, wall of wine bottles...the place has a sort of old world charm to it.
Anisette Brasserie
Excuse the triptych. I'm playing around with different presentation techniques to compensate for my sub par photography. It also saves me from posting 10 pictures of the glassware from the restaurant.

Ate some delicious Pâté Maison - a foie gras and duck liver parfait with a thin layer of berry preserve served in a chilled jar, with sliced toasted baguette and miniature pickles on the side. Tastes great spread on the bread or alone; the flavor is buttery and a little sour, with a creamy texture that goes down great with some sparkling water.
Pâté Maison

Also had a chilled seafood platter with assorted oysters (har har), jumbo shrimp, and snow crab salad served with cocktail sauce and some kind of vinaigrette. Tasty.
Seafood Platter

Finally, washed it all down with some espresso. What a meal.
Espresso

I must say that I am quite satisfied with this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment