Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

My heart just stopped.

I swear, I'm going to die from barbecue overdose. From Saturday to Saturday, I went to Jay Bee's four times. Four. Freaking. Times. I just can't get enough of it. The melt-in-your-mouth pulled pork, smokey brisket, rib-sticking mac-and-cheese, and sweet corn bread are all so ridiculously delicious that I find myself craving it at every possible moment! What the hell am I supposed to do with myself?!

Well, since nothing else interesting has happened in my life these past few days, here are the pictures from my various barbecue excursions.

Pulled Pork (they call it pork shoulder) sandwich, extra sauce, on a bun with a bed of coleslaw.
Jay Bee's Barbecue

Meat Combo: BBQ Beef (brisket) and Pork Shoulder (pulled pork)
Jay Bee's Barbecue

Large order of Pork Shoulder. This one did me in with a piece of cornbread. All I needed was some Nehi Grape Soda or Sweet Tea. That's one complaint I have...their drink selection is sorely lacking. But if anything, it brings the focus back to the barbecue.
Jay Bee's Barbecue

In other news, I had the case of the drunchies since Friday. I craved fried chicken! So after getting out of school ridiculously early (thanks to the APs), Curstina, Sarah, and I made a food run out to Culver City. Where did we go? Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken, of course.

Taster's Deluxe Combo with chicken and fried catfish, a delicious biscuit that was simply orgasmic when dipped in honey, and some lovely fries that also went great with honey, tasting somewhat like a Korean treat that I love to eat. As usual, Honey's thick, crunchy, salty fried skin didn't let me down one bit. That's the way to do it.
Honey's

Really, all I've been doing for the past week is eating. I better go make my life more exciting somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment