Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pooped

My weekend's been moving at 1000 mph. Tired as hell. In for another long day tomorrow. I love three day weekends.

Saturday: Went to watch Star Trek for a second time with DK and Ashley. I get chills watching that movie. I would watch it again. And again. And again. I'm a geek.

Fooled around at Urban, bought a tie for $5, headed home to meet up with the college kids who are back from the East Coast. Unsurprisingly, they were sprawled out on the cough playing Resident Evil 5. Typical. Hopped in Scott's GT (I missed that car) and went on a food run to LA.

Wurstkuche!
Wurstkuche
Alligator, Pork, and Andouille Sausage Hot Dog with Sauerkraut and Grilled Onions. Kickass fries with good dipping sauces, and Eddie stares at his choice of strange artisan sodas (Elderflower? What?). Wurstkuche is much better for lunch than dinner.

Failed hipster-clothes shopping, then back to Torrance and Gable House. I bowled a 138, which I feel is a minor accomplishment. Mind you, I'm terrible at bowling.

And on to Jungle House. Heh. What a night. Heh Heh. Cheesy Double Beefies at awkward hours of the night are always good. Especially with the drunchies.
______________________________

Sunday...UCLA Jazz Reggae Festival! Freaking epic.

I mean...just look at how many people there were.
Sea of people
Ridiculous. Lots of lemonade, sweaty people, dancing, and bud. But then what else would you expect from a concert like that?

Spent the whole day with Nikki, Rina, and the sister, for better or for worse. Ha.
Cool kids.

Now, listening to music for a good seven hours can lead to some boredom. Thankfully, Nikki had this awesome sticker. Check em out at you-are-beautiful.com
youarebeautiful

So, we handed it out to random people to take pictures with.
You are beautiful
Actually, the people in the pictures aren't so random. But the random ones are a bit uninspired.

Waited around and listened to the opening acts, then ran up to the stage when the headliners had their turn. First up: De La Soul.
De La Soul Live
They had complete control of the crowd. Arms waving, bodies shaking, people screaming. It was out of control. Especially when they sang "Me Myself and I"...chaos ensued.

The entire day was a buildup to the final act - Erykah Badu.
Erykah Badu!!!

I can't even fully explain how great she was. I can't do her performance justice. Trust me when I say that she was amazing. As soon as she cam onstage, it felt as if every camera and cameraphone in the world was trained on her.
Photo Op

She alone would have been worth the price of admission.

And now, I'm back here. Tired as hell. I'm in for a good night's rest. Well actually, I have to get up early for a day at Disneyland with a special someone :]

But I'll get some sleep eventually.

4 comments:

  1. what a day!!

    now, will any of those other pictures somehow make it onto the world of wide web??? i would like them saved on my computer, 'cause i know they're some goodies in there.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a day!!

    now, will any of those other pictures somehow make it onto the world of wide web??? i would like them saved on my computer, 'cause i know they're some goodies in there.... :)

    ReplyDelete