Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

What a weekend.

Last Friday before the rest of Senior Year... cruise control, yeah?

For some reason, Jordan decided to show up. Cute.
That's cute.

Anyways, one hell of a hectic Friday. Recycling, Boat Races, CIF, Duct taped, etc.

Took Kyle to Flossie's for some fried catfish, 3 sides, and sweet tea for $12.01. Definitely recession-friendly. Still liking Honey's better than Flossie's, but Flossie's is local. Bonus points for that.
Flossie's

Back to Max's after the game, blowing shit up, when his parents yell at us to come outside. What are we greeted with? The best TPing job that I've seen in some time.
Uber TP'd

Strangely enough, getting TPed got us off of our lazy asses. The night definitely improved after that.
______________________

Armed Forces Day Parade. Tagged along with the TYC Kids and got to go to a snazzy luncheon with the veterans. Twas interesting and humbling to be surrounded by Medal of Honor recipients, admirals, and generals. These are people who did something with their lives. Countless Thanks to all of the men and women fighting for our country.

The parade itself was quite amusing. We received some great visors and mini American flags. Totally looked like tourists...
Asian tourist.

While sitting in the stands, I witnessed one of several surreal moments that I would see that day. Two soldiers who fought during World War II, one from the illustrious Big Red One. Both were thanking each other endlessly for helping the others' infantry divisions during the Pacific Theater. I got chills up and down my spine listening to them talk with such sincerity and gratitude. That's brotherhood.
Memories

And now, the parade. F/A-18 flybys, Abrams, Humvees, Tuskegee Airmen, and lots of brass.
Armed Forces Day Parade

on a sidenote, I just happened to sit next to the wife of some Rear Admiral or something like that. Interesting conversations abounded.

Then rushed over to Ashley's choir concert. You sang wonderfully, love.

In other news, we finally managed to clear out my stock. Getting some new goods for the summer :D
_______________________

And on to Sunday...funeral time.
Loss

Twas my cousin's grandfather's funeral. He was 89 at the time of passing, so it was a bit expected, but still difficult nonetheless. I don't have much to say about it.

He did, however, make it a point that the funeral was not to be somber or mournful. There was little crying or wailing. My funeral will be similar. Something festive and vibrant, to celebrate my life rather than to mourn for my death. I don't want people to have to cry on my behalf.

And that, my dears, is the conclusion to a hectic weekend.

2 comments:

  1. i'm liking the pictures being meshed together in diff sizes. much more fun and interesting. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm liking the pictures being meshed together in diff sizes. much more fun and interesting. ^^

    ReplyDelete