Pages

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

a very merry unbirthday to you

and a very happy birfday to me. Thanks to everyone for making my birthday so amazingly kickass. I felt so warm and fuzzy and loved that it was getting kinda disgusting. But totally in a good way. I must say, my friends are like...the awesomest people. Ever. What a great way to celebrate my Senior Year birthday :D

Sooo my bday started off like any good Korean kid's birthday should. With miyuk gook.
IMG_0184

and I'm sitting in zero period Calc, and what do I see? Austin walking in holding some balloons, rapping for me at 7 in the morning and ending it with a class-wide "happy birthday" song. Nice.
IMG_0246

Get through a timed writing and gov test, open my locker to grab my bio stuff, and look! Another surprise!
IMG_0244

So what do I do? What any other self-respecting camera kid would do. Take pictures with it.
IMG_0194

and who gave me this nice surprise, might you ask? Now, who else knows that I'm obsessed with chocolate and honey? None other than the loveliest girl in the whole world.
IMG_0207

Pulled through a shitty Bio quiz, and Tree busts out four hard boiled eggs. Fun ensues. Yeaahh! Team Nose Goes!
IMG_0201IMG_0203
IMG_0202IMG_0198
Our alter eg(g)os...Audrey's joke. I swear.
IMG_0199

Then my favorite time of the day...ASB!!!
I walk in to this:
IMG_0227

Then Kelly busts out some of her amazing cupcakes with some orgasmic frosting...
IMG_0228

and Saaya pops in with a delectable treat :]
IMG_0242

Mrs. Hildreth brings in some awesome chili (totally unrelated to my bday, but still great)
IMG_0226
Jerek makes for a lovely hand model.

and mi madre delivers a MASSIVE chocolate cake. Here's the birthday platter all laid out...
IMG_0224
it takes all of ASB, Dance, and some random people to finish the cakes, but we pull it off somehow. amazing, eh?

fifth period rolls around, and Mikie suprises me with even more goodness. She already sent Austin in to serenade me, and left funny little notes and stuff in EVERY ONE OF MY CLASSES,and she tops it off with a GIANT COOKIE. I could be having the worst birthday in the world, and I'd still know that I have Mikie's giant cookie to look forward to. Much love.
IMG_0248
I like ruining pictures with oh-so-attractive faces XP

The eating just never stops. After school, this one awesome kid takes me out for a nice treat:
IMG_0252
pho!

I'll throw in a picture of him just for good measure.
IMG_0253
XP

For dinner, the madre took me out to Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen for some lovely southern comfort.
Jazz kitchen

Ignore the awkward shadow. I left my lens hood on.
Sweet potato bisque...tasted like fall. By fall, I mean pumpkin pie, cinnamon, etc.
IMG_0264

A sampler of Catfish sliders, coconut shrimp, spring roll, and calamari. yum
IMG_0265

Pork Tenderloin...
IMG_0266

My mini birthday treat...
IMG_0268

and some fresh beignets.
IMG_0269

all the while, I listened to some dude on a very interesting piano...
IMG_0256


My my...a day filled with awesome friends, bomb food, and great music. An ideal birthday in every way. The only way it could've been better would be to have a hippo crawl into my room, or something of that interest level.

Thanks loves, I had a funderful day.

4 comments:

  1. Nice. My birthday is this sunday,I hope my birthday could be as cool as yours, looks like you have alot of nice friends . Any restaurant you might recommand? My dad said I could choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. My birthday is this sunday,I hope my birthday could be as cool as yours, looks like you have alot of nice friends . Any restaurant you might recommand? My dad said I could choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. My birthday is this sunday,I hope my birthday could be as cool as yours, looks like you have alot of nice friends . Any restaurant you might recommand? My dad said I could choose.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice. My birthday is this sunday,I hope my birthday could be as cool as yours, looks like you have alot of nice friends . Any restaurant you might recommand? My dad said I could choose.

    ReplyDelete