Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hearts and Hearts

So last night, the guys at church had to serve the girls. Cook, serve, entertain, the works. In between my serving and bossing around of the middle schoolers, I lurked. I am continually amazed by the lightscoop. Mind you, there was almost NO light in the room when I took this.
IMG_3190

We were all tired as hell afterwards, so Pastor Lee, the guys (plus Sarah) went out to Denny's. Blech. Got the BBQ sliders.
IMG_3210

Anddd now on to Valentine's Day. Was running late so I didn't quite make it in time for lunch at Emilaaaay's. Her mom, however, was nice enough to make more :D And John brought his oh-so-manly guitar picks.
IMG_3216

I had the lovely surprise of being greeted by these colorful bundles of color :]
IMG_3217

And now I shall post the pictures of the couples, because I know that they'll want them for whatever reason. Bear with me here, people. John and Emily:
IMG_3219

Vine and Tree.
IMG_3240

and we half-knocked out. Not sure who took this or when. Reveal yourself!
IMG_3218

Ashley and I went on a grocery adventure for cupcake mix and dinner ingredients. Afterwards, Vine had to assert his manliness by furiously mixing the cupcake batter. Heh. Alright.
IMG_3228

And then the two little fatties emptied out the bowl. There's a cute little girl hidden behind that bowl, somewhere.
IMG_3243

And of course, the usual food picture. Because how can I write about food without showing pictures..?
IMG_3245

Watched a bit of Tarzan, then went our separate ways.

Ashley and I made our Valentine's Dinner of Montecristos, Brocolli, Chocolate Mousse (fail), and Sparkling Cider. Quite tasty, really.

Now, half the fun of the montecristo is the messiness involved with making it. And then dropping into a vat of bubbling oil. Mmmmm.
Making Montecristos

The finished product, with the yummy broccoli that I actually didn't mind eating ;]
Making Montecristos

And cider. Not just any cider. It was special.
IMG_3253

So we enjoyed our attempt at recreating The Blue Bayou and watched Ratatouille in the spirit of cooking and stuff.

What a lovely weekend. Good food's always more fun when it's with someone special, yeah? Good food, good music, good company.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Grammar Nazi.
    You caught the spelling of broccoli.
    I forgot to comment about it, but naturally you already caught it with your super spell-check powers.

    What a lovely Saturday that was. ;]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Grammar Nazi.
    You caught the spelling of broccoli.
    I forgot to comment about it, but naturally you already caught it with your super spell-check powers.

    What a lovely Saturday that was. ;]

    ReplyDelete