Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Vail, not Vale.

I've been spelling the name of this wonderful mountain town incorrectly for the past week. I fail. Wow. That's kind of embarrassing. But anyways, for those few of you who actually care, Vail is lovely. The air is fresh and crisp, the food tasty, the people rich and snooty, and the snow fluffy.

Here's how my day went...

This was my view for a good 2.5 hours. Notice the Sausage McGriddle stuffed into the pocket in front of me.
Off to Vail!

I arrived at the airport. This sign made me strongly aware of the fact that I was no longer in So Cal.
Off to Vail!

Heh. and there were these giant painted paper airplanes following me around. Pretty cool.
Off to Vail!

Picked up the rental car, and went off to meet my old Kumon teacher who moved out here a little while ago. I'm in Denver, and somehow I end up at a Korean place. Figures. But I did enjoy a nice lunch.

What do robots eat? Bibimbap. Har har har. Fob joke.
Off to Vail!

Drove off and arrived at the hotel called Austria Haus. It's so amazingly cozy! There's even a fireplace and some overstuffed chairs in the lobby :D
Off to Vail!

Now, Vail has a series of tiny little alpine-esque villages that I'm thoroughly enjoying exploring. One such gem was this restaurant called Lancelot, where we went for dinner.
Off to Vail!

Engorged myself on a 12 oz. cut of beautiful prime rib and a baked potato. The meat beat the shit out of that at Lawry's. Juicy, tender, well-seasoned, abounding in flavor. The potato was alright, too. Beautiful lighting courtesy of my lightscoop.
Off to Vail!

After waddling and rolling myself out of the restaurant, I split off from the parentals and went exploring. How wonderful it was, with covered wooden bridges, lit pine trees, and everything else symbolic of quiet little winter villages. How quaint.
Off to Vail!

Here's a burst of color from the leftover holiday lights, for your enjoyment.
Off to Vail!

:]
Off to Vail!
and this, love, is just for you.

Well now I'm off to rid myself of airplane stench and get ready for skiing tomorrow! Well actually, I'll probably end up exploring Denver or something or other. Looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment