Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

Study fail and barbecue.

We tried to get together for the Lit Project on Sunday...failed miserably. Half of us hadn't even read the book. Lame. So while others read the book, what did I do? Guess. Seriously. Just guess. It's not that hard.

Can't think of a witty caption.
IMG_3254

Har har. Sabby's facial expressions make me raff.
IMG_3256

In the face.
IMG_3262

Ray was there too, but I cannot find a suitable picture. So none for him!

Then we ate, attempted to "study" for "bio." Failed again.

Annnddd on to Monday. Cleaned up some stuff, did some other equally vague stuff, then went out to eat dinner. I was craving barbecue again, so I looked up a couple of places and ended up at this one by Union Station.
mmm barbecue.

Total laid back, no-frills barbecue goodness. I dislike using the abbreviation/acronym/whatever "bbq." It's the kind of place where they keep a roll of paper towels on the table and have a bagged loaf of white bread just sitting there to enjoy. The kind of place where college kids go in, grab a good beer, and talk about random crap. Yeah, my kind of place.

I had a pound of hickory-smoked pulled brisket. Pulled brisket? That was interesting. I prefer mine thinly sliced, but to each his own. The sauce was kinda tangy, almost vinegarish, but watery and weak. Meat was dry. But I got one of the ends with the crispy fat bits and HOLY CRAP it just melted in my mouth. Orgasmic.
mmm barbecue.
I love the glisten of barbecue sauce on meat. Heavenly.

And the sides were whatever. Nothing to rave about. Mac and cheese with fries in the foreground.
mmm barbecue.

Mi madre got a sampler platter. Hot link, spare ribs, brisket, and chicken. The hot link was decent, the rest I'm eating for lunch tomorrow. I'm excited.
mmm barbecue.

And there was some cornbread with green beans or something or other baked into it. I personally enjoy my cornbread sweet; this one was a bit savory, salty, yeah.

Washed the whole thing down with some iced tea. Because iced tea and some derivative of lemonade are the only acceptable drinks to enjoy with barbecue in these here parts. Or a mint julep. Or something else with inebriating capabilities.

And the table across from mine was having a very heated discussion about the use of animatronics in feature rides at Disneyland. Definitely my kind of place, but can't say the same for the food.

Hmm...I should really study for Bio. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment