Pages

Monday, December 29, 2008

winter break.

All of the days of winter break are melding together, almost as if the entire vacation is one awesome, extended day of good food and good company. It's kinda nice this way. On that note, these are in no particular order. These things just sorta happened during the past couple of days. My perception of time is dead.

Went to Santa Monica with Jamie, Margaret, and Curstina. It's been a while since we all hung out, now that Marge is off to college and the rest of us aren't in the same science classes. We headed out to The Counter, the burger joint of kings.

Counter Burger. 2/3 lbs beef, Gruyere cheese, grilled onion, jalapeno, banana peppers, fried egg, grilled pineapple, and some other goodies. The patty was nice and rare; I mourned for it as it bled all over my plate.
The Counter - Round 5

And here are Jamie and Margaret with their minuscule burgers. Just kidding. These girls could outeat me on a bad day.
IMG_3084IMG_3085

an unflattering picture of Curstina, because I'm an asshole and don't have a picture of her with her burger.
IMG_3083

We left, fat and happy, and drove to the cliffs overlooking Santa Monica beach and strolled in the lovely California weather. Per usual, I took sunburst shots.
IMG_3093

Here's a nice group shot (notice I'm not in it)
IMG_3098

I dislike it when people avoid my camera. I retaliate with unflattering shots.
IMG_3108

Some well-placed punctuation would do wonders for this sign.
What the crap?

On another separate occasion, I enjoyed a lovely breakfast of pancakes and pineapple with my sister and her interesting friends. Just another day in the life, I suppose.
Morning love.
Yellowy goodness

Oh yes, and it was my nephew's (or some relative's) first birthday! What a bundle of cuteness.
IMG_3026
IMG_3046

and to top it all off, a touch of artsy fartsy.
Fall

that is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment