Pages

Monday, March 23, 2009

Decency

So Sunday, I got a random call asking if I wanted to go out to dinner. I thought Flossie's might be fun to check out, on a recommendation from the same person that has told be about Slavko's, Pacific Dining Car, and others. I can say with confidence that I was utterly stuffed after that meal.

So here's how it works at Flossie's. You walk into a tiny little restaurant with blacked out windows that seems like a super-condensed Lucille's on the inside. For a set price, you get your chicken or catfish, 3 sides, drink, and a dessert. I got fried chicken, corn pudding (odd), mac and cheese (very thick and hearty), some random other crap, bread pudding, and cornbread (a bit tasteless). My favorite thing: they only had lemonade, iced tea, and Kool-aid for drinks. No soda, no nothing. How kickass is that?!
Flossie's
I still feel that Honey's is better. Flossie's reminded me too much of KFC, with a very grainy batter but still delicious. The amount of food given was also probably enough to feed two people on a bad day, or one hungry person on a good day. Not a particular favorite of mine, but it's local. Meh.

Sooo, now that college acceptances are out, it's time for College Sweaters!
IMG_7001
Just kidding. Sabrina had this before she got into UCLA...but now it has more significance methinks. Notice the awesome nails.

We were a good Congress :D

Aaaand the Tan Man's legal! So what else could we do but celebrate his birthday with Kelly's ASB cupcakes..?
More ASB Cupcakes.

And another creepy-ass thing in ASB...a faceless doll with Jesus in it. Huh..?
What the..?
This was pointless. I just found it amusing.

And my face is no longer naked! Goodbye indecency! Headed out to K-town to get my Wayfarers refitted, because I was stupid enough to step on them and twist the frames. Afterward, I went to some Chinese restaurant in the Galleria. I hate restuarants with untranslatable names. Mandarin Cafe, perhaps?

I also hate foods that don't have good-sounding English equivalents.
Mandarin Cafe

Ja...ja...myun? Something like that. I should just type it in Korean.
Mandarin Cafe

I think that most of my posts lack a coherent train of thought. They're more of compilations of random vignettes from my day. Well, hope that's bearable for those out there who actually read this.

2 comments: