Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Ever have one of those days

where random things just happen? But you look back on it and smile? Yeah, today was one of those days.

School was normal. Nothing of significance to talk about. But after school, I accompanied Ashley to the aquarium to take pictures. And I finally got to hear her spiel about all of the lovely fishies, crustaceans, plankton, and whatnot. I feel thoroughly educated. Ah, and there was also this strange thing that must have been beaten with an ugly stick. Seriously.
Ugly.
Only a mother could love a face like that. Or eat it. It totally would. For the record, it's called a football fish. Only ten have been caught in the world. In like, forever. Interesting.

On the drive there, we passed by Slavko's, a chicken restaurant that has been on my food list for some time. Recommended to me by my mentor in all matters food-related, I was not disappointed. Two wings, a half-pint of some decent jambalaya, and some free delicious potato nuggets thrown in for free, just because the guy there was nice and awesome. Did I mention it ran me a mere $5.50?

Here's the jambalaya with the staples: jerk chicken and andouille sausage.
Slavko's

The chicken was definitely unlike the usual greasy, soul food-type fare that I usually have. The outside was light in consistency, grease and flavor. Rather than be overly seasoned with however many herbs and spices, it simply accentuated the almost sweet flavor of the moist chicken. As opposed to some fried skins that completely mask the flavor of the poultry beneath. The broasted potato nuggets were also quite delicious. Seasoned to perfection and bite-sized, they kicked the crap out of KFC's potato wedges.
Slavko's

Ashley and I both give it a 7/10.

The interior of Slavko's is also quite...eccentric. Random signs, models, and doodads peer down at you from above the tall drink-fridges along the wall. I had fun seeing what kind of things were up there.

Spent some more time with Ashley before I had to head home and go to the Prom Fashion Show rehearsal.

Plug: Come to the Attic Prom Fashion Show this Saturday at 11:00 am. Studly gentlemen and fashionable ladies show off the latest prom apparel. There will also be a silent auction to share a Shirley Temple with the models. Haha.

Moving on. Went to some new teahouse in Gardena with Curstina called Tea...something or other. I already forgot.

Edit: Dani says it's called Tea Station.

Overpriced, but they had an extensive tea selection that impressed me. However, I found it difficult to justify the purchase of a paltry pot of tea. I'll make mine at home. Instead, I got some wonderfully sweet Honey Milk Tea in a really cool cup/pitcher/thing.
mmm honey milk tea.
We are scheming something really really really awesome. Keep an ear to the ground. You'll be quite happy with what's in store.

And now I am here, without any homework to do. How exciting :D I had a very good day. Did you?

And if you haven't already noticed, I go through food phases. I am currently in my fried chicken-barbecue phase. Before this, I was in my steak phase. What's next..?

10 comments:

  1. i predict a baked meat fase. like.. roasted in a large pit of smoldering embers for hours until it's moist and juicy. xd yummm

    ReplyDelete
  2. i predict a baked meat fase. like.. roasted in a large pit of smoldering embers for hours until it's moist and juicy. xd yummm

    ReplyDelete
  3. D<
    I wanna know what's going down in May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. D<
    I wanna know what's going down in May!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that place in Gardena is called Tea Station! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. that place in Gardena is called Tea Station! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's happening in May? How does Alex know that it's in May? o_O

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's happening in May? How does Alex know that it's in May? o_O

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, how do you know what it even is in the first place? And what makes you think it's in May?

    Oh, you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, how do you know what it even is in the first place? And what makes you think it's in May?

    Oh, you have no idea.

    ReplyDelete