Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I don't fail!

Monday. Another school week. During the Bio lab, I learned that I sleep with my eyes slightly open. Cool.
IMG_5014

And we also had the WASC meeting. They rewarded us kids for coming by setting out a whole bunch of candy. Haha Ashley harvested all the Twizzlers and enjoyed them throughout the conference.
IMG_5031

So...more adventures with Scott now that he's back for Spring Break. Picked him up from work and drove out to Hollywood so I could share the joy of 25 Degrees, my new burger haunt. Speaking of which, we want to rent a room at the Roosevelt Hotel and see if it's haunted.

I took a better picture of the restaurant's interior, which I am quite a fan of. The only bad thing about this place is that there's no light. I'm really pushing my camera to its limits when I shoot in here. Hence, the incredibly noisy pictures.
25 Degrees

Started off with a cheese platter. Gorgonzola, Red Hawk, and Benedictine. The Benedictine was a mix of cow, goat, and sheep cheeses. Oh man, it was sharp with a slight creaminess. I have to go find it. The platter came with some bread to spread the cheese on, but the breads had so many fruit bits that the sweetness completely overpowered the cheese. The bread did taste good as a standalone, though.
25 Degrees

Then got a 50/50 with Sweet Potato Fries and Onion Rings. They used to be the same as those at The Counter, but it seems that they have since changed suppliers. Sweet Fries=awesome. Onion rings=bland and a bit soggy.
25 Degrees

Annnd of course - The Sirloin Burger. This time with fried egg, provalone, and chili. The chili was well seasoned with lots of subtle hints of various peppers. I would eat it alone, as well. The burger was overcooked, but it still managed to taste amazing. However, the brioche is a bit on the ENORMOUS side. I wouldn't mind a hamburger bun.
25 Degrees

Ah yes, and I'm not a complete high school failure. I got my first admissions letter today! UCSD. I hope I can do better than that, though. Haha Tree had to show me that the email said I was admitted. I had no idea what it was for originally.
IMG_5055
woot.

Oh, and Sabrina's back from Florida! She brought us all Walt Disney World pens. Haha it's my consolation prize.
IMG_5060

Congratulations to the Dance Team for kicking ass! And Saaya for getting 2nd for her solo! :D

Also had the West High ASB Mixer today. Got to hop around between that and the CIF Girls Soccer game, which we won 1-0. Not the most exciting game, but hey, we won! Of course, we took our obligatory ASB group picture. I like having Larry at these ASB events. It's comforting to know that the picture won't turn out like shit. Well it might, but that would be our fault for being ugly.
IMG_5125

The Mixer was pretty fun. Got to eat, meet new people, share some laughs, dance like an idiot onstage, and all that other good stuff. Weird times for weird people.

This post lacks any sort of finality. So here. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment