Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

success!

As the lighting implements are still in Shea's class, I continue to use that at lunch for cheap entertainment.

I'm sick of headshots for now. So behold! My anti-headshot! Actually, an anti-headshot would be of someone's feet or something. Oh whatever.
hmm..?

Oh man, look at that studly photographer XD. I have to admit, he does look the part.
IMG_6920

And that just plain sucks.
IMG_6940

On to the fun part, aside from my car tire being popped. Which is why I had to bail on Tree and Ashley for Wienerschnitzel goodness. Freaking car.

Headed downtown with Sarah and Curstina for some food adventuring fun. First off was Wurstkuche, a Belgian sausage restaurant smack in the middle of the uber-hipster Art District by Sho Tokyo. The interior was dripping with urban touches - communal tables, brick walls, good music, and lots of fashionable people wearing porkpie hats and fedoras. You know, those people.

I got a Rattlesnake and Rabbit Sausage with Sauerkraut and Spicy Peppers on a boring roll. The combination of strange meats had a distinct taste. Not to the point where it was odd, but you could tell it wasn't just another chicken or pork sausage. The snakemeat was a tad rubbery, and the sausage overall was slightly buttery and a bit too juicy. The toppings were just icing on the cake, so to speak.
Wurstkuche

The fries were double fried and delicious. Crispy, not too greasy, and hearty. Definitely a batch of legit restaurant fries. Not to mention that it came in a paper cone! Instant awesome points. And the curry ketchup and BBQ sauce it came with were both excellent, particularly the former. I might just have to add some curry powder to my ketchup from now on.
Wurstkuche

As an added bonus, their plain ol' water is flavored with cucumber :D Nice touch. Also had a ridiculous selection of Belgian and German beers. Go back there when I'm old enough, to be sure.

I owed Sarah a cookie because of some stupid picture on facebook, but I would not give her just a plain cookie from school or somewhere equally boring. No, I had to take her to MILK, my go-to location for all matters cookie- and ice cream-related. Introduced her to the wonders of the Ooie Gooie Chocolate Chip Cookie. Ignore the spelling.
IMG_6958
I have fulfilled my cookie debt.

We then got a Brownie Sundae and ate it in the car, watching out for the parking enforcement dude that was patrolling the area where we were. I guess we weren't supposed to park there.
Milk
Rich chocolate and vanilla ice cream topped with whipped cream, fudge, pecans, and cherry...all on a bed of crusty, delicious brownie goodness. What a beast of a dessert. We got it to go, so it's stuffed into a paper container. Believe me when I say that it looks far more epic when in a tall glass cup.

We were already full and on our way home when I remembered that the Kogi Truck was in the area. So...we turned around and headed straight for my newfound obsession.

Found the truck with a lot more ease than last time. The line was also only ten minutes long! We conversed with a funny Kogi Truck virgin (well he wasn't anymore, since that was his second round). His friends played a bit on their ukulele, then left him to wait in line to order tacos. They were quite hilarious to wait with. Got my Pork Taco, and Curstina got two for herself.
Kogi BBQ!
I've already shared my feelings on this topic, but once again I must say that those tacos make me jizz in my pants. If you don't get the allusion, shame on you.

Curstina, after having been shown the wonders of Korean bbq in a taco :D
Kogi BBQ!

And now, I am full beyond belief. I more or less waddled through the front door. Accomplished a lot in terms of gastronomics. Tried something new, returned to some of my old favorites. Good food, good music, good company. Honestly, what more could I possibly ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment