Pages

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Anti-Sadies

Sadies was cancelled, so we had our own festivities.

They involved food.

Gaja has now been recommended to me on numerous occasions, so I made it a point to check it out. I'm glad that I did.

I satisfied my takoyaki craving yet again, although these weren't quite as good as the ones at the Bunka Sai.
Spicy Takoyaki
They did have lots of Sriracha sauce on them, though. Yum. Although, the Sriracha did tend to overpower the flavor of the octopus inside. Perhaps it would have been better without the sauce. Gaja also sells a mochi and cheese takoyaki, which I'm a bit wary to try.

Next up, the make-your-own okonomiyaki! Got the "Modern Mix," which had squid, octopus, pork, yakisoba noodles, and shrimp. We failed somewhat at flipping the monstrous thing, but it still tasted delicious so no worries there. Definitely need to work on our technique, though.
Okonomiyaki!
In terms of taste, I have nothing but good things to say about the okonomiyaki. The ingredients were of relatively high quality. The sauces were top-notch, and the service was pretty friendly.

Good experience.

Then, on to watching Chicago and other fun things. Ha! who needs Sadies when you get to spend time with an awesome person?

2 comments: