Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

To all that come to this happy place...welcome.

Day 2 of Spring Break. Disneyland with my dongseng.

Started off the day with a meat pie from Mojo Pies and Coffee. Ground steak with bacon, egg, and cheese, all in a flaky pie crust. Yum.
Mojo

Aaand over to Disneyland. It was already hot by the time we got there, so we got some Dole Whips. Although I've eaten a good number of them, this is the first decent pictures I've taken of one.
Oh, Dole Whip.

Some other stuff happened. Rode Pirates with the intention of getting some shots that didn't completely suck ass. Succeeded ,somewhat.

Can you see Jack?
Where be Jack?
He's camouflaged.

Drink up me hearties, yo ho.
Captain Jack

I HATE HATE HATE taking pictures in the Haunted Mansion. It's a complete nightmare. The only shot I got worth showing the world is one of Constance, the black widow bride lady person thing.

As long as we both shall live...
Constance

We were lucky enough to sit around for a while to listen to Earnie, the resident blues guitarist. This guy's been playing at Disneyland since it opened (or close enough. That's over 50 years).
Ernie
I could just sit and listen to him all day. Seriously. It's soothing.

Lunch at Cafe Orleans. Pommes Frites, which didn't have all of the herb-goodness that used to come piled on top of it.
Pommes Frites
Still decently tasty, though.

Aaaand my favoritest sandwich in the whole world: a Disneyland Montecristo.
Montecristo :D
I live to eat these things. It is my purpose in life.

Drawn to Animation: Grumpy.
Drawn to Animation
Second time around, got to draw Jack Skellington! That's exciting :D

Dinner: Steak Gumbo!
Steak Gumbo
Yum. Bread bowl.

And the only usable picture I have ever taken on Indy.
Next time, you're on your own.
That ride is actually worse than the Haunted Mansion. You need ridiculously fast shutter speeds to even freeze anything with the motion of the damn jeep.

Of course, other things happened throughout the day. I just don't feel like writing about them.

And pet peeve: When people use flash in dark rides. NO FLASH PICTURES PLEASE. Thank you.

6 comments: