Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Awkward Bulge.

DEFINITELY is not a velcro bulge.

Well Faculty Wrestling was quite interesting. Enjoyed the MMA guys. Both had that really awesome crescent-roundhouse kick that I love to do. Except their kicks probably hit 10x harder than mine. Justin's display of homoerotic man-groping was also quite...interesting. Just kidding. It's wrestling.

Remember kids, it's only gay if you make eye contact.
Got you!
I'm sorry, this picture is way out of context. The guy in the white just escaped a hold and is running off. But it sure doesn't look that way...

That made for a good laugh.
_______________________

The most important part of my day would definitely be Jay Bee's Barbecue out in Gardena/Carson/somewhere around there. It is THE BEST barbecue I've had in Southern California. It looks nothing like a barbecue joint, but I could give a rat's ass after trying out the food there. Just don't go for the world class service or sophisticated atmosphere. You'll be sitting on picnic benches, enjoying well-cooked meat with other barbecue lovers.

Oh, and Guy Fieri approves. That's a definite plus in my book.
Guy Fieri Approves.

The brisket is exactly how I've been looking for - moist, juicy, dowsed in tangy barbecue sauce, with globs of melting fat chunks and nice hickory-smoked color. The rib tips were quite delicious also. I hear the pork shoulder is excellent, but I've yet to try it.
Jay Bee's Barbecue
The portions are ridiculously generous, and the price surpringly low. I was quite satisfied. I definitely got more than my money's worth.

And the mac and cheese was worth writing about separately. With every bite, I pulled out long strings of melted cheese that stretched as I moved the tasty sidedish closer to my mouth.
Jay Bee's Barbecue
Every. Single. Bite. Stretchy melty cheese. I swear, this thing could block a leaky pipe, it was so hearty.

I have found my new go-to place for some kickass barbecue. Oh baby, I think I'm in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment