Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sheisty Kids

Spent a very economical day in Santa Monica and LA. Don't feel like writing about details. Posting pictures to prevent a photo pileup after San Diego adventuring tomorrow.

3rd Street. Pier. Beach. Lady Bugs. Refer to other's blogs for details.

Bought a light gray suit from H&M for Prom Court and probably grad. That's exciting. Now I need to go get it tailored.

LACMA for free. The kind of place that makes you tilt your head to the right and go "huh?"

I mean, seriously. What the hell is this?
LACMA
A room full of newspaper clippings, with papier mache stuck on metal rods. I'm supposed to take said rods into this room of newspaper and "interact" with the art. I'm sorry, but I fail to see the significance. Maybe my art muscles need exercising or something. I felt this way for most of the exhibit.

But hey, I still really enjoy being at LACMA. Still hasn't gotten old. And that Japanese pavilion was quite interesting.

Drove over to Little Ethiopia. Rosalind's, baby. Stare in awe at this ridiculous platter of stewed beef, chicken, and lamb on a bed of spongy injera, with a boiled egg in the middle for good measure. Fed six people for $11 each in LA. How's that for frugal? And not just cheap food. Good, healthy, wholesome, flavorful Ethiopian fare. Delicious.
Ethiopian

It's like an explosion of flavor in my mouth!

That's what she said. Ohhh jeez.

Over to Milk, where I usually end up going after visiting Museum Row.

The Brownie, in all of it's glory. I've taken several pictures of this now, and I'm still amazed at its awesomeness. A warm, chewy brownie sets the foundation for scoops of chocolate and vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and nuts on top. As basic as brownie sundaes come, but executed so much better. Take something that everyone's seen, but make it better without changing it too much. That's skill, right there.
The Brownie

Once again, nothing but vignettes. Lacked the photos to make this a coherent story. Now I'm off to bed to wake up early for San Diego. Welcome to my Spring Break.

2 comments: