Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Cupcakes!

So today ended up being an extension of my weekend. Scott's off to Boston until Spring Break, so we decided to go out to eat after I was done with school.

But that's for later. This eraser that Ashley had in second grade amused me (and her, apparently). It's a funny little saying written in gel pen. Ah, gel pens. Remember when everyone had those in elementary school? Fun times...
IMG_3908

Anyways, my days seem to be filled with cupcakes. I end up eating them with surprising regularity. Weird, no? It was Janelle's birthday in ASB, so, as usual, K-squared made some bomb cupcakes. Devil's foodcake with cream cheese frosting :D
IMG_3914

And the progression of Faith's painting...Day 5.
IMG_3915

So school got out, I finally have my car back, and I drove up to Scott's to say bye. We ended up going out to eat, as usual. Pinkie's BBQ is over on PCH and 5th Avenue. It was tasty, but I wasn't all that impressed. They do have some really good but ridiculously sweet pink lemonade, though.
IMG_3919

Here's my tri-tip sandwich drowned in bbq sauce. The sauce was kinda lame. Pretty unremarkable. Meat was good, though. Nice pink fringe from the smoking. Oh, and the mac and cheese was great. Corn bread was eh. Why is it that barbecue places tend to have kickass mac and cheese..?
IMG_3925

Little Raymond and Esther joined us, got fat, then we parted ways. Scott was craving cupcakes so we trekked out to Beverly Hills to gorge on some ridiculously overpriced ($3.25 each) cupcakes. It's more for fun that anything else.

See? Rich people even package their cupcakes in neat little boxes! :P
IMG_3931

They're known for their red velvet, but I'm partial to the chocolate marshmallow. I was so excited to eat it that I didn't even take a decent picture of it.
IMG_3936

So yeah, that was my Monday. But it felt like a Saturday, which is just going to make this week feel like shit. Oh well...El Segundo ASB mixer tomorrow! :D

8 comments:

  1. My eraser is famous.

    And you went to SPRINKLES???
    oh yum. take me there. I always hear and see pictures of them, but I want one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eraser is famous.

    And you went to SPRINKLES???
    oh yum. take me there. I always hear and see pictures of them, but I want one. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gonna get you one, but I ran out of money XD

    Next time, I'll be sure to :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was gonna get you one, but I ran out of money XD

    Next time, I'll be sure to :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. you went to bev. hills and back? wow. time on your hands much?

    ReplyDelete
  6. you went to bev. hills and back? wow. time on your hands much?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOOOVE SPRINKLESSSS.
    Only been there once.
    but. I fell in love.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOOOVE SPRINKLESSSS.
    Only been there once.
    but. I fell in love.

    ReplyDelete