Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Possibly artsy.

I had to shoot a few rolls of film for a photo project. My directions? Shoot something "artistic." So I got my sheet of velvet, set up a couple of desk lamps, and had a mini photo shoot. While going through my film, I decided to use my dslr too. I mean, I had the whole shoot set up already. Why not?

I have a thing for equipment. Particularly martial arts stuff. Even more particularly things that are well worn and have seen much use. So what do I do with my equipment? Take pictures of it. Yeah.

My bokuto
IMG_3965

The shinai that I've had since I first started Kendo...
IMG_3979

I will never stop shooting the crap out of this thing. It's one of my favorite subjects to use for shoots.
IMG_3986

This is supposedly symbolic. Guess what it says.
IMG_4003

And this? I shot it just because it made me laugh. Har har har.
IMG_4006

Desk lamps are the best. Black backdrops and dark rooms are also nice. It would be awesome to have my own dedicated photo studio to mess around in. Maybe one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment