Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ephesians 5:18

The first sermon of the New Year was creepily appropriate. It's like staring hard into a mirror, only to see your reflection shoot itself in the foot. You don't want to, but you do.

But enough of that. I actually managed the first portion of my last day of Winter Break (Saturday. I don't even count Sunday, since I'm doing homework all day).

Well, lemme backtrack one day. Nikki and Kylie stopped by to drop off some kick ass red velvet cupcakes for me and the older sister. It's the little things like this that make me feel all warm and fuzzy.
IMG_3282

So Saturday. Last day of Winter Break. Spent the day at Santa Monica with the fambam. Hilarity and shopping ensued. I couldn't help but fall in love with this sign that is supposedly at the American Apparel store somewhere in New York.
IMG_3326

We went to get breakfast at this place called The Victorian. The decor reminded me a lot of Tavern on the Green in Central Park. Very old school, very classy. I liked how the owner just walked around talking to people in casual clothes.

I had a meatloaf sandwich
IMG_3329

and sweet potato fries for breakfast. Kick ass, huh?
IMG_3331

Headed out to the Promenade, filled with ridiculously skilled street performers like this guy...
IMG_3352

Shopped for a good portion of a day (well my sister did, not so much me) and watched Yes Man. Pretty entertaining, but nothing special. Oh, but I did manage to snap this picture of my parents holding hands. This'll pop up as a large print in the house someday. I can feel it.
IMG_3367

The Promenade at night is beautiful. I'll prove it to you.
IMG_3379

I actually managed to handhold this. No tripod. I surprised myself.
IMG_3381

We went to eat dinner at the French restaurant called Anisette. If you get a chance, go there. It has an old saloon feel, with tarnished mirrors, aged wooden counters, and an antique staircase. Beautiful. This is place's wine collection. Impressive.
IMG_3384

Had some fois gra with poached apple for an appetizer. Buttery, melt-in-your-mouth, overpriced goodness in every bite.
IMG_3388

I had the Steak Tartare with Quail Egg. Mmm...salmonella AND e coli in one meal. Whatever. It was totally worth it.
IMG_3390

Finished it off with beignets, amazing raspberry jam, and some espresso. Oh man, what a meal.
IMG_3392

Then there was the rest of the day, when random stuff happened. But this is definitely the best part right here. Now off to write an essay without a prompt to write to...

No comments:

Post a Comment