Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Villa

So I split up my post into two parts, in case you didn't notice. The last post was for Friday, this is for Saturday. Make sense?

So yeah...made a spontaneous trip to the Getty Villa with mi madre because I had nothing else to do until going out to the movies in the evening. After seeing the beauty of the Villa, I want to go to Italy. Say, at this exact moment. That would be nice. From here on out, I will keep my comments to a minimum. I'll let the pictures do the talking. I might put up a part 2 to the Villa pictures if I get a chance to sort through my pictures a bit more thoroughly. Maybe.

The long pond thingy, from both ends.

IMG_3797a

IMG_3762

I guess the Greeks and Romans had a thing for patterns...there were definitely a lot of interesting ones. In this place, the best pictures aren't in front of you. You gotta look down...
IMG_3823

IMG_3788

An ancient Roman vessel depicting Godzilla terrorizing the temple of Jupiter...
IMG_3795

I'll have to go to the Villa around sunset sometime soon. I feel that it would be breathtaking...but it would be awesome to be so well known as a photographer, that I just ask to be let in after hours, and they agree. One day, someday.

oh, and did I mention that for lunch I went to Farmer's Market and got a bacon-wrapped hot dog? That was pretty good, too. Alas, the couple that had the brisket-topped hot dog with barbecue sauce wasn't there. I hope they return soon. I truly miss their gastronomical creation.
IMG_3750

Well I'm off to visit for museums and eat stuff in a few hours. Til then...

Cheers.

4 comments:

  1. a bacon wrapped hotdog sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. a bacon wrapped hotdog sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. The garlic fries at the villa are pretty bomb too, I must say, although one of those hotdogs looks good right now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garlic fries at the villa are pretty bomb too, I must say, although one of those hotdogs looks good right now...

    ReplyDelete